Friday, August 6, 2010

Card/project of the day 8/5/10

Yes I realize that I am posting this project today, with yesterday's date on it... and that is because I forgot to post it! I posted it on Facebook and then totally forgot to post it here on the blog. I am such a doorknob sometimes! It could be that I was distracted by running off to meet Husband at the Chinese food restaurant (Yum!) and then taking the twins to middle school open house. They are growing up so fast! School starts Monday here. OK, so this project is something I have been working on for a workshop that I was invited to hold near Atlanta for a stamping group. I was so flattered that they wanted me to come and wanted to come up with some great projects and this is one of them.
It is basically a drawer but "pimped-out"... is that OK to say... "pimped-out"?! You know what I mean though right? Ha!

So I took the drawer and added sections to it. How fun is that? You can add anything to the sections... for this design I think chocolate is totally appropriate... in fact needed!
To keep that chocolaty goodness from escaping I also added a clear sleeve. (told you I pimped it out!)
I used our SOTM (Sweet Of The Month) set Truffles for the top of the box and the accompanying saying. Chocolate brown ribbon, foam to make it 3D, and a few rhinestones set the stage for this fun project.
You say you want to make one too?! Well good!... this is going to be a class at the upcoming Scramping Retreat in Sept. Sign ups will be soon, and I will let you know all about them when ready. Along with this drawer, you will be able to make a couple more designs and combine them for a chest of drawers. How fun is that going to be?

No comments: