Thursday, September 24, 2009

Scalloped Pumpkin Card, Retreat 2009

As promised here is one of our retreat 2009 round robin projects. We had 9 in all this past weekend and this is one of my favorites. This pumpkin card has a lot going on but my favorite feature is the pumpkin which is made from 3 scalloped ovals. Let's start....
I used our Papaya Puree Prism cardstock and die cute a medium and two dark scalloped ovals. I used the Nestie die cuts and my Cuttlebug to do that but you can use anything you may already have including punches.
I first stamped the medium shade oval using the "Fabulous Fall" saying from the "Fabulous Fall" saying set and the "Autumn Rounder" on the two darker ovals using black ink.

The next step is to emboss the ovals using embossing folders and the Cuttlebug.

The next step is to distress the edges using VersaMagic Dew Drops in Pumpkin Spice and Jumbo Java.
I also pinched the edges up to give the scallops more dimension.

To create your pumpkin base take the two darker ovals and overlap them at the bottom to get a shape just like a real pumpkin.
The lighter oval goes on top and there ya go!

Every pumpkin needs a stem so I free handed one out of brown cardstock.

I used an embossing folder on it and rubbed it jumbo java dew drop.

We are going to use a flower and I have dotted paper flower from Prima here.

I rubbed it with the jumbo java ink.

I layered that with a flower die cut from a book page and then a green flower eyelet.

Wanted some more dimension and a pop of color so I cut some long thin foliage. To do this just place the green cardstock on your cutter and barely cut any off... just a smidgen so that the cardstock actually curls a bit.

Now that we have that done let's assemble the card. I have a transparency cut down for the card base, a light papaya puree scalloped square, a pattern paper rectangle and a small brown square that we will cut in half to use as corner tabs.

Fold the card in half and then glue the scalloped square inside. This is where you can write your personal note on.Glue the pattern paper rectangle to the inside front of the card which means that you will put the glue in the middle front of the pattern paper. Glue the pumpkin to the front of the card and then lift up the bottom of the top scallop and place some glue down.
Then add some of your green foliage.

Cut a length of ribbon and make two lops and glue together using glue dots.

Lift up a top edge of scallop and glue behind it.
On top of the scallop lay down some glue and add some more of the green foliage.
Glue down the flower embellishment on top of that and then take another length of ribbon and hide the end under the flower, twist and then use a brad to secure.

No comments: