Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pop-Out Cards & Stamp Club

Hi Stamping Friends,

I carved out some time this weekend to stamp. Yea! It seems like I have precious little time this summer to do that and it really makes me feel good when I do.

I have some fun samples to show that I worked on for you view below, and I also want to invite you to the Studio in a couple weeks for our monthly Stamp Club workshop. We are going to be making these "stinking cute" cards at the workshop so I hope you can make it. The workshop for July is Saturday July 26th from 11:00 until about 2:00 and we even serve you lunch. Let me know if you can make it; melissa@thestampingstudio.com or (706) 359-6387.

These first samples are a single Pop-Out card and then the last sample is a Double Pop-Out card. These are very easy to make and are very impressive to receive.


The above Christmas card on the front reads "...the three wisemen come afar, led by the light from bright star... then the right front corner reads "...on the way to Bethlehem... This set is by Brooke Smith and is item #BS006 Three Wisemen. The card features gold sparkly crowns and how cute is that camel behind the wisemen?

This card features that cute owl drawn by Brooke again, and the inside reads "Owl are you?" You can see on the close-up shot the new white opaque pen that we now carry in the store. The white color really show ups!
This is my favorite card made with a stamp set by "Husband"! That husband of mine is a man of many talents... not only is he a wonderful business man, but he also built my website and also has this funny stamp set on his resume. The set is called Pet Peeves if you want to check it out. Last year I created a stamp set #RSSMB10 "You Know..." that is the perfect compliment to Husbands Pet Peeves, which also happen to look like aliens to me.

The sayings read.... You know you are getting older when... You are abducted by aliens... but immediately returned in favor of a living specimen. Dont'cha love that?!!

4 comments:

MrsLoomis said...

lo--cute! I may have to come to this one! It looks like retreat is the same weekend as "Parents weekend" at GSU...which means we can't be there---we may be able to come on Sunday to visit depending on school actitvites. Who knew that college students still had stuff for parents to attend?????

Melissa Baldwin said...

I would love to see you and have you come in July Stephanie!

That is bad news for us that you won't be with us at the retreat. It just won't be the same without you and Brian! We surely do understand though... I will keep my fingers crossed you can make an appearance on Sunday.

Brooke said...

Nice cards, Melissa!

Melissa Baldwin said...

Thank you Brooke!... it is because of your artwork!