Friday, July 24, 2009

Broccoli Salad

As I was cleaning off my desk preparing for the workshop tomorrow (boy was it a mess!) I found this great recipe from Erin Dibbling for Broccoli Salad that is fabulous. So I thought I would share it with you too... the cranberry raisins really make the dish!

Broccoli Salad
5 cups of broccoli florets cut into 1/2" pieces
1/2 cup of chopped red onion
1 cup finely shredded sharp cheese
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup cranberry raisins (or regular raisins)

Dressing
1 cup Miracle whip (if you are from up north) or Dukes (if you are from the south!)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Mix dressing together. Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl then cover with dressing and mix well. Refrigerate for an hour and serve.

No comments: