Monday, April 28, 2008

Missing Daddy

My little boy Sean broke my heart this evening. He came to me just before bed asking if he had to go to his classes field trip on May 7th. The field trip is to the Outback Steakhouse in Augusta, which is going to be so much fun getting a tour, and eating a meal... what could be better for an 8 year old? After much prompting he said that he wanted to stay home with his Daddy who gets back from India the day before. (Husband will be gone from home 2.5 weeks by then) He started to cry and it was really just the most heartbreaking pitiful thing to see. So in a desperate attempt to do anything to cheer the poor boy up I took his picture and told him he should email it to Daddy to let him know how he feels. Well, then I thought that is going to make Byron feel terrible as well and I really didn't want to do that, but Seany seemed to really like the idea so that is what we did. Here is Sean looking pitiful.His email to Daddy read "Hi, dad there is a picture of me crying because I really, really, really miss you.I hope you stay safe(because you are my dad, of course).Bye, love Sean."

Poor baby!

No comments: