Thursday, January 8, 2009

Valentines Cards

Hey Stampers and Scrappers,
Here are a few cards that I was working on today.
Free standing "Stand-Up" card
Back view I used our Chandelier stamp along with a small heart from the "From the Heart" set. The flower is cut from the heart flowers. Feel free to cut apart your unmounted stamps if you want... they go right back together and it is one great advantage of an unmounted stamps.

I also used the "Mini Rounder" set and punched it out with a 1" circle punch.
This card folds up for easy mailing. It also fits into a standard 5.5x4.25 envelope
I used our "Owl are You" set to make this ValentineThe sayings reads "Love is for the birds"I used the Mini Rounders set here as well as the 1" circle punch to make a fun attachment to the side of the card.
Here I used some non-traditional stamp sets for the Valentine card as well. I first stamped the flowers using our Favorite Florals and Big & Little Botanicals sets for the great floral scene, and then I stamped up a couple hearts and cut them out from the "Forever in My Heart" set and then stamped the saying from that same set.

Here is another corner embellishment that was punched from a heart I stamped. I sure had fun playing with my stamps!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Very pretty Melissa!

Suzanne Milam said...

Love the Valentine cards...they are very pretty....great hint on getting more use out of your stamps.Suzanne

Kriss said...

Oh, how cute. I'm pulling out my chandelier set to make some ATC's that are soon due for a Valentine swap.

Melissa Baldwin said...

Thanks guys! :)