Thursday, August 19, 2010

Card of the day 8/18/10 - total tease!

Does this stamp set look familiar? No?... well that is because it really isn't a stamp yet! Yesterday I finished up on getting the artwork ready for 6 new stamp sets. YAY! I am so excited about the "soon to be" stamp images that I had to make a card with one. I chose this image from a new line called Fernanda's Friends by artist Fernanda. Isn't she talented?
I used my Copic markers to color her in and also found a card sketch online to follow for the base of my card. I love all those layers! Do you like the pattern paper? It is from BasicGrey and I will be adding to the online store hopefully today. (I will let you know) It is double-sided which gives you lot's of options.
I used an existing stamp for the inside sentiment of this 4x4 card. It comes from the stamp set "Sky's the Limit" from Brooke Smith. I thought it was perfect as this friend is lifting up a pumpkin.
I also wanted to share with you a tip I got from the lady who taught the Copic Certification class I attended. Did you know you can use your Copics to color your rhinestones? I have found that the better quality rhinestone the easier it is. I had these crystal rhinestones that are a very light celery color, and I used my dark orange Copic marker to tint them and they look great on the card and totally match. You may have to color a few layers on, and normally the coloring will be light, but now you can color your bling to match your cards. How great is that?

No comments: