Monday, September 15, 2008

Scrapbooking Home Decor



The Mullens
The Balwin's (me and mine!)
The Wangs
The Kites
The Nuckols Mary and John Weatherwax


Hey Stampers and Scrappers,


I am busy getting tons of fun projects ready for the Scramping Retreat this weekend, but I did not want to neglect my blogging friends so thought I would share my latest home decor project that Husband hung for me the other day.


You may remember that we had a large family reunion this past summer, and my brother in-law Colin, who is a semi-professional photographer took tons of wonderful photos of all of us. I was inspired to create some simple but graphic scrapbook pages that I will eventually be putting in a special scrapbook. I was so happy with the results that I had been placing them in some 12x12 shadow boxes that I bought a couple years ago and displaying them on our entertainment center. Well I realized that I actually had 6 of these shadow boxes and decided to hang them on the wall and show off our photos/scrapbook pages in our great room. It is great to be able to see these great photo's and not just have them in a book. I look forward to changing the displays with the seasons and fun things going on in our lives. I hope this inspires you to display your scrapbook pages and wouldn't your favorite card look great displayed in a simple black frame?

I kept these pages simple with only two embellishements on each page to keep consistancy. I used 3 buttons, and then used one of the trees from out #RSSMB Tree Silhouettes stamp set somewhere on the page, using different colors of ink to make each one unique. We usually have the reunion every 4 years, so it will be fun to pull out the scrapbook from this year and see how we have all changed and what additions have made to the family.

No comments: